Travels with a Rogue

A small piece of the web dedicated to Gen. Mikhail Skobolev (the White General), toy soldiers (any period), history, politics and books circa. 1850-1900.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Frederick, Maryland, United States

There was an earlier day in my life when I had plenty of time and no money for my hobby, now I have money for my hobby and not so much time. I never stopped playing with toy soldiers "much to my mothers chagrin" exchanging the sandbox, green armymen and rocks for Donald Featherstone's book Wargames, AWI soldiers from the back of a comic book, dice and rulers. Those early games were great fun and very exciting. Eventually I graduated to more complicated systems, better miniatures, headaches, rule arguments and basically not a lot of fun. I thought about ditching the hobby altogether. I realized recently that I like a good game of toy soldiers. I like the look of toy soldiers and I like the way a simple game plays. I like the trusty d6.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Russian Line are sacrificed as the Guard administers the Coup Fatal!



Two regiments of Russian Line Infantry attack Turkish troops that are supported by a Turkish Krupp Gun. The Russian Guard moves into a flanking position for the kill and the stoic Russian Infantry advance fully aware of the Krupp to their right.

This is the first photo posted of some of my ever growing collection of miniatures for the Russo-Turkish War project that I'm working on. I like the idea of toy soldier style games similar to those depicted in the early books by Grant, Young and Featherstone. I will be posting more photos as units are finished, many of which will be home conversions.

The figures are stock Irregular Miniatures 42mm, I provided the paint and my lovely wife photographed them. They are painted with standard craft paints and sealed with a gloss overcoat.

1 Comments:

Blogger Collabosaurus Rex said...

That's some awesome photography skillz!

May 19, 2006 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home