Travels with a Rogue

A small piece of the web dedicated to Gen. Mikhail Skobolev (the White General), toy soldiers (any period), history, politics and books circa. 1850-1900.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Frederick, Maryland, United States

There was an earlier day in my life when I had plenty of time and no money for my hobby, now I have money for my hobby and not so much time. I never stopped playing with toy soldiers "much to my mothers chagrin" exchanging the sandbox, green armymen and rocks for Donald Featherstone's book Wargames, AWI soldiers from the back of a comic book, dice and rulers. Those early games were great fun and very exciting. Eventually I graduated to more complicated systems, better miniatures, headaches, rule arguments and basically not a lot of fun. I thought about ditching the hobby altogether. I realized recently that I like a good game of toy soldiers. I like the look of toy soldiers and I like the way a simple game plays. I like the trusty d6.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Samples of the Irregular Miniatures.

1st Brigade 2nd Regiment Russian Infantry of the line.


Turkish Line Infantry (technically 1912 or 1856)


Standard Bearers!



The 1st Brigade 1st Regiment Line Infantry pass in review.


More sample figures of the Irregular Miniatures 42mm Balkan Wars line of figures. They are a bit over an inch and half tall, paint up quite easily and look very good in mass. They convert very nicely, the Turkish line requiring a little blade work to become an Egyptian. I'll post photos of my Egyptian contingent when finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home