Travels with a Rogue

A small piece of the web dedicated to Gen. Mikhail Skobolev (the White General), toy soldiers (any period), history, politics and books circa. 1850-1900.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Frederick, Maryland, United States

There was an earlier day in my life when I had plenty of time and no money for my hobby, now I have money for my hobby and not so much time. I never stopped playing with toy soldiers "much to my mothers chagrin" exchanging the sandbox, green armymen and rocks for Donald Featherstone's book Wargames, AWI soldiers from the back of a comic book, dice and rulers. Those early games were great fun and very exciting. Eventually I graduated to more complicated systems, better miniatures, headaches, rule arguments and basically not a lot of fun. I thought about ditching the hobby altogether. I realized recently that I like a good game of toy soldiers. I like the look of toy soldiers and I like the way a simple game plays. I like the trusty d6.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Hello Again!

It's been awhile! I fear that I may have troubles keeping this blog overly current during the coming months as my job is going to require most of my time until December. We are building a duplicate datacenter as our lease expires in the current building at the end of the year. After that I've scheduled a nice quiet nervous breakdown!

I have some photos of recently painted Egyptians in Turkish service and Russians in summer uniforms to post from my 42mm Russo-Turkish War project, plus a couple of modifications. I will try to get those up on the site in the next few weeks. In the mean time I recently painted a group of RSM95 Russians purchased from the Dayton Painting Consortium. Richard Masse, the proprietor, is a pleasant fellow and will spend as much time as is required on the phone with you to ensure that you are comfortable with the ordering process and how the miniatures are packaged. The customer service Richard provides is excellent.

I will be posting some photos of the St Petersbourgski Regiment parading in very short order.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mister Nizz said...

Welcome back.

Russianophile question. Have you ever bought one of the Irregular 20mm WWI Russian 76mm guns? If so could you post a picture of it? Thanks

Walt

July 09, 2006 3:22 PM  
Blogger Poruchik said...

No, I haven't Walt. I do have a few Irregular 42mm Guns and they are excellent. Additionally they do have some photos of a number of their guns on their website http://www.irregularminiatures.co.uk/ and they all look pretty good to me.

Donald~

July 10, 2006 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home