Travels with a Rogue

A small piece of the web dedicated to Gen. Mikhail Skobolev (the White General), toy soldiers (any period), history, politics and books circa. 1850-1900.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Frederick, Maryland, United States

There was an earlier day in my life when I had plenty of time and no money for my hobby, now I have money for my hobby and not so much time. I never stopped playing with toy soldiers "much to my mothers chagrin" exchanging the sandbox, green armymen and rocks for Donald Featherstone's book Wargames, AWI soldiers from the back of a comic book, dice and rulers. Those early games were great fun and very exciting. Eventually I graduated to more complicated systems, better miniatures, headaches, rule arguments and basically not a lot of fun. I thought about ditching the hobby altogether. I realized recently that I like a good game of toy soldiers. I like the look of toy soldiers and I like the way a simple game plays. I like the trusty d6.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Preparing for ColdWars 07

I was told once never sign up for a game at a convention if you don't already have all of the soldiers painted and scenery ready. I now know why. I signed up to run 2 games at CW07 this year and had only about 30% of what was needed done and on the shelf. I'm very lucky though as I have a very supportive family that actually enjoys this hobby. So everybody pitched in and we did make it happen. I will be posting albums of the games next; for now here are some photos of preparing.


Prepping for the Con.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home