Travels with a Rogue

A small piece of the web dedicated to Gen. Mikhail Skobolev (the White General), toy soldiers (any period), history, politics and books circa. 1850-1900.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Frederick, Maryland, United States

There was an earlier day in my life when I had plenty of time and no money for my hobby, now I have money for my hobby and not so much time. I never stopped playing with toy soldiers "much to my mothers chagrin" exchanging the sandbox, green armymen and rocks for Donald Featherstone's book Wargames, AWI soldiers from the back of a comic book, dice and rulers. Those early games were great fun and very exciting. Eventually I graduated to more complicated systems, better miniatures, headaches, rule arguments and basically not a lot of fun. I thought about ditching the hobby altogether. I realized recently that I like a good game of toy soldiers. I like the look of toy soldiers and I like the way a simple game plays. I like the trusty d6.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Cold Wars 08

It might be too late; however, I will be at CW08 this year. I would be willing to bring my 42mm RTW figures and run a game or two although I'd like to know the interest in this before I commit.

If you have any interest in playing in one of my RTW games leave a comment to this post. I'll develop a different scenarion then the prior ones, I suspect a meeting engagement with Turkish Horse and a few more Inf Rgts to add to the mix.

Anyway let me know or I'll probably just go up for the a shopping day on Saturday.

1 Comments:

Blogger tim said...

I'd LOVE to play in one of your RTW games... unfortunately I'm totally not going to be there... so...

January 04, 2008 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home